Access to and use of any part or page of www.GKDTechnologies.com (the “Website”) is provided by GKD Technik Ltd:
- GKD Technik Limited (company registered number: 07231108) whose registered office is at 17 Cobham Road, Ferndown Industrial Estate, Wimborne, BH21 7PE. UK (“GKD”)
By using the Website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which take effect immediately on your first use of the Website.
If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access and/or use the Website. We may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of the Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Website.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions of Use.
Copyright in these pages is owned by GKD. Other than as set out below, all copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents, database rights and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Website and all content (including all applications) located on the Website shall remain vested in GKD or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. All other use is prohibited. You must not modify any of the Website content, adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Website content in any circumstances and/or use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes unless otherwise licensed by GKD. GKD’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
Limitation of liability
The content of the pages of this Website is for your general information and use only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. It is subject to change without notice.
Although we have taken reasonable care to keep this Website up to date and accurate, we cannot guarantee that it is all correct. GKD does not provide any warranty, representation or guarantee (implied or express) as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information, materials and/or content found or offered on this Website for any particular purpose and you use the Website at your own risk. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and GKD and each of the unincorporated joint venture partner’s respective group companies expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Access to and/or use of the Website is provided on a strictly ‘as is’ basis. GKD does not warrant that those functions available on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
GKD makes no warranty in respect of the use of any data or information you submit via the Website and does not accept any liability arising out of any acts or omissions of its business partners, clients or any member of its supply chain in connection with this Website.
Where this Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. GKD have no control over the contents of such third party sites or resources.
Any personal data or information you supply to the Website or to GKD in relation to any training courses or services you access from GKD including but not limited to contact details, and/or other personal data or information you issue to us via use of the fault reporting pages or contact details on the Website will be collected, stored, used and transferred in accordance with the GKD Privacy Notice as set out on the Website.
GKD processes cookies on the Website in accordance with the Privacy Notice and the cookies notice section on the Website.
These Terms & Conditions of Use are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions of Use.
To the extent that any part of these Terms & Conditions of Use is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction such part shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms all of which shall remain in full force and effect as permitted by law.
The failure or delay of GKD to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive GKD’s right to enforce that right.
Changes to these terms
These terms replace all previous versions and we reserve the right to change the terms at any time. Any changes to these terms will be posted here.
This sets out GKD’s Privacy Notice. It is to be read in conjunction with the Website Terms & Conditions of Use.
The GKD Website Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by GKD (company registered number: 07231108). Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual. If you are under the age of 16 please obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before using this Website.
GKD is the “controller” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“Data Protection Laws”).
For queries on data protection, in relation to processing by please contact GKD via email@example.com
Personal Data: We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for GKD to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your first name and last name, email address, telephone number and/or mobile phone number, credit or debit card payment details, attendance records and training course and certificate records;
- feedback, views or queries relating to our services, training courses and/or information on the Website “Contact Us” form (where available) or other modes of contact;
- strictly necessary and analytics cookies subject to the cookies banner and cookies preference centre;
GKD will also only process cookie information about your computer in the form of strictly necessary cookies as set out in the cookies notice section on the Website, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as available by your browser provider in relation to your IP address, operating system and browser type. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data: All personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in within either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. GKD will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for GKD require in order to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice or as required for legal or regulatory purposes. Further, personal data regarding reported faults will only be stored and retained by GKD for a period of 2 years from entry or as long as necessary where the issue remains active or as otherwise required for GKD audit purposes. The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal data we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the Personal Data: We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you including any training courses made available by to you by us, issuing of certificates from industry training awarding bodies, processing of credit card payment due to us from you and/or to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as information on our training courses, projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via the “Contact Us” page on the Website or which we think may be useful to you;
- To contact you in order to send you marketing communications regarding our future training courses or services, where you have provided explicit opt-in consent to such marketing;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to our services;
- To collect information, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings made available by your browser provider, for strictly necessary cookies required for administration of the Website, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of processing of strictly necessary cookies and may share this data with our nominated website developers or analytics providers;
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant training awarding bodies, regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity in relation to the entity managing the Website.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your personal data or information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- industry training awarding bodies;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the GKD business or a member of GKD’s respective group companies.
Personal data shall not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the United Kingdom unless required for the purposes of transfers by GKD to each of their respective group companies who may be located outside of either the EEA or the United Kingdom in which cases such transfers shall be subject to appropriate safeguards such as EC model clause data transfer agreements, an EC adequacy decision (EEA) or UK secretary of state decision in relation to the country location, consent from you or other alternative safeguards in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Legal Basis for Processing: Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as “legitimate interests” in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your business contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website, our products or services or information on reported faults via the contact pages on the Website; and
- meet legal obligations under the Data Protection Laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping obligations.
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this Privacy Notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws. ‘Sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ include:
- personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
- genetic and biometric data; and
- data concerning health, sex life and sexual orientation.
We will only process your personal data for marketing purposes in relation to marketing communications regarding future GKD training courses or services where you have where you have provided your explicit opt-in consent for such communications via a separate consent form referencing this Privacy Notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent to any marketing communications, please send a consent withdrawal request to the contact details below under ‘Contact Us and Complaints’.
Your rights in relation to your personal data: Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by a subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- in certain circumstances, the right:
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact Us and Complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights in connection with GKD’s processing of your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
These requests are administered free of charge. Your request will be dealt with promptly and the information to which you are entitled will be provided to you no later than one month (except in extenuating circumstances) from when we receive your request, subject to any requirements and exemptions of Data Protection Laws. If such extenuating circumstances mean we are unable to comply with your request within one month, we will tell you as soon as possible about this delay.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with either data protection contact at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to raise a concern re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Links to Other Website: This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at 19th of March 2021, however, we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.